Pages

WELCOME

BIENVENIDOS A MI PAGINA!
WELCOME TO MY PAGE!

Thursday, June 9, 2011

Google DOCS

https://docs.google.com/a/springbranchisd.com/#home

Just at the very second when I was getting ready to give up trying to understand what Google Docs is all about, my 18 year old daughter said, "mom!  I'm working on a Group Presentation at this moment".   MIRACLES EXIST!   I quickly run to see what she is doing and I was amazed at how students were able to interact, make changes, discuss and complete an assignment.  Here is how it works.
A student or a group leader, creates a document or presentation to work on with other students. The student who creates the document has the ability to control who is able to make changes to the document and who is able to view it. Once all group members have been added, students are then able to work on the document together online, through Google Docs. As they are working on it together, they are able to chat with each other at the side to discuss, add or delete any changes.  I'm beginning to like technology even more!

I hope my link works  : )

3 comments:

  1. I forgot to add that one you press the link I added, you click on create new. Decide whether you want a document, presentation etc. next decide who you want to share or discuss the document with by clicking on the tabs on your right hand corner.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Google Docs - an interesting piece. I had a class last semester and we worked on google docs and it was pretty cool. Everyone from the group would change and edit our doc and it would just save....loved it!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think once everyone at our school has gotten comfortable with using Google Docs and Google Forms, we will find that we will use them all of the time for collaborative planning, student work, and lots more! We can explore a ton of creative uses next year for these great tools!
    deb

    ReplyDelete