Pages

WELCOME

BIENVENIDOS A MI PAGINA!
WELCOME TO MY PAGE!

Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Tool #9 Assignment:
  1. This summer has been great when it comes to integrating technology into classroom learning. I feel that i'm just beginning to explore the true potential tech offers for teaching and learning. Properly used, technology will help some students acquire the skills they need to survive in a complex, highly technological knowledge-based world. Also, it will be easier to motivate different learning styles. Therefore, it is important that we tie technology to the objectives. Effective tech integration must happen across the curriculum in ways that deepen, enhance the learning process and help us support our curricular objectives.
  2. Students need to be accountable for their work stations or they will only do enough to get by then play the rest of the time.
  3. I recently learned about Edmodo.com and I feel extremely comfortable adding assignments that will support our grade level objectives and it will definitively hold students accountable for their work. Also, Edmodo can be accessed using the ipad.
  4. In "This Day " Students learn about important people in history while at the same time practice their reading skills. Adding important facts about those important people in history on a chart or interactive bulletin board would hold students accountable. Also"Word Solitaire" is really fun and students work on vocabulary, to hold students accountable I would have them make a list of all the words they come up with and they would have to write down their score too.
  5. Studenst can use the ipad for research, use the calculator to check math problems, use the dictionary to look up vocabulary words and definitions.
  6. http://www.edmodo.com/#

3 comments:

  1. This section was the most exciting to me as I think about setting up our new library. Even our name has changed to "Learning Commons" this year.
    I plan to set up 2 special sections for student use-- a "Book Nook" for reading books on our 6 new nooks from the grant, and a lounging area with all of our ipads and itouches,&laptops called "the iZONE". I also have some ideas about reworking all of the apps on our devices to make them easier to use for small groups or classes to come use them for specific purposes before, during, and after school. So let me know if you have any specific apps or websites you would like to be available for your students to use in our new "Learning Commons". It is going to be an exciting year exploring and using new technology!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I designed a new Blogger page as One of my New Jersey Writing Project assignments. During the school year my students and I will work on many projects. The new blog page will allow students to comment each of their projects. It's a work in progress... I hope it all turns out well : )

    This is what I've got so far and new ideas are welcome anytime.

    http://researchcenters.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Teresa,
    I explored the Edmodo web site that you mentioned here and it looks great. Hope we have time so you can explain to me how you plan to use it with your class. There are so many good websites it is hard to choose which will be the most useful. Hope you are having a great summer and see you soon.

    Bettye

    ReplyDelete