Pages

WELCOME

BIENVENIDOS A MI PAGINA!
WELCOME TO MY PAGE!

Saturday, June 25, 2011

Last Tool

1.  Eleven tools has truly been a productive learning experience.  I have certainly learned a lot this summer.  It is difficult to pick my favorite tools but I think that I will use all of them throughout the year. Google docs, edmodo and wallwisher will give my students the opportunity to practice reading and writing  while staying focused on our objectives. I will definitely begin by taking advantage of those tools first!  I have already planned several activities that are ready for my new students.  I'm so exited!


2.  Many things will change this coming school year and of course that includes the vision I have for my classroom.  Some of the technology will have to be incorporated into my daily lessons. For example;  research stations on the iPad,  Videos, documents, blog comments from students, I will have to begin by including lessons on Digital Citizenship, how to handle and properly take care of our new technology equipment. My lessons for the first weeks of schools will have to include how to use the tech tools i'm planning to use with my students.  Although students have already experienced using Ipads at our school library; They will need to learn new technology expectations in our classroom. 

3.  Frustration is the word that comes to mind when I first started working on 11 tools.  Now I can say that is was a wonderful learning experience.  I truly enjoyed learning about the newly discovered tech that is available to enhance our teaching and students learning.  My students and I will benefit from the 11 tools.  It has truly been an eye opening experience. 




5 comments:

  1. I am so glad you are done. I am jealous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Teresa, I got to tour the campus today! I look forward to working with you on the fourth grade team. I'll need lots of help!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It was challenging for me when I first started all of the technology tools several years ago-- but as you choose a few to concentrate on with your students and a few to use with other teachers, you will wonder how you ever taught without them. Congratulations on your perseverance and your ever-present positive attitude! I can't wait to start the year with all of the new knowledge we have all gathered this summer!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I also look forward to meeting you Mrs. Tucker. I've heard amazing things about you : )

    Debb- Thank you, I've tried to observe from you as much as possible and I know that I can always count on you when ever all this new tech tries to intimidate me.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats on completing the 11 Tools. I hope that you continue to share on your blog your experiences throughout the year.

    ReplyDelete